It's that time again. Another Saturday means it time to try a different workout and see how you get on with it. Today's workout is going to test your balance and control, along with the strength and stability of your joints.
I'd recommend that you start each exercise relatively steadily, not pushing it too far or too hard on the first few reps. Once you're used to te exercise then you can really go for it and test yourself.
So what are we trying today?
- single leg hopping, moving forward / back, side to side and twisting as you hop (3 different movements at different times)
- pivot lunges - start on one leg, hop forward and land on the other, control your landing then power back to the start position, hopping onto your original leg
- deep squats - bottom down as low as possible, weight on your heels
- single leg balance reaches - stand on one leg and reach forward/back over head, side to side, twist (3 different movements at different times)
- single leg squats - just like normal ones but on one leg
Complete 30 seconds of each exercise. If there are different movements within th exercise then do 30 seconds of each. Have 10 seconds rest between each one and work your way through the whole set. Once the set has been complete go back through and repeat but get deeper, jump higher and stretch further!
Done correctly this will make you sweat and get your heart rate going, as well as all the benefits for your joints and control.