For today's workout all you need is yourself, a bit of road (or preferably a field) to run on and about an hour of your time. What you're going to do is run / walk for a predefined period of time then do a predefined exercise. Then repeat and repeat until the hour is up. The idea being here that you keep moving, no matter how slow or fast you can go. The exercises are designed to work your whole body but at the same time give your legs some different movements to try to prevent the onset of tightness whilst running / walking.
- Set out on your run and run for 5 minutes
- Stop and get ready for exercise number 1
- Complete 30 seconds of squats or squat jumps
- Run for 5 minutes
- Stop amid complete 30 seconds of press ups
- Repeat and follow the exercise list below
1 - squats / squat jumps
2 - press ups
3 - forward lunges
4 - sit ups
5 - plank
6 - burpees
7-10 - repeat 1-6 again
Work hard on the exercises as you can recover whilst on your run / walk. Give it a go and see how it feels. Even if it's raining get out there and enjoy nature!